Thursday, August 6, 2015

A Blanket For Calais

Wow it's been way too long since my last post. All good reasons as to why though as I've started my own business by becoming a Thermie consultant. Yipee.

So this post isn't about work it's about this blanket I made for my friend's little girl.  I finished it some time ago and was just needing to take a few photos, I'm sure Calais would have preferred to get some use out of it during the recent cold weather, sorry Calais!!

The wool or yarn as some people call it was purchased from BigW who now stock redheart yarn! I was so excited when I saw these giant skeins (I was going to say balls but I get visions of my husband laughing so I'll say skein hahah!) anyway this yarn is so super nice to work with, it is a little thicker than the normal 8 ply I'm used to so I needed to get a bigger hook, I bought a 5.5mm with a handle which I've never used before and I found it really nice to work with.  It was fun to make this blanket because of the easy to use hook and yarn.

I used the same daisy pattern as the last blanket and made it 8 squares by 10.  It should fit perfectly into a cot, fingers crossed!

I hope Calais loves her blanket as much as I liked making it for her :)


 



No comments:

Post a Comment