Monday, May 18, 2015

Sausage Pappardelle

A few weeks back a friend and I were shopping together and discussing what we were planning for the weeks meals.  My friend mentioned that she was going to make a sausage pappardelle, I asked her what it is and how she makes it.  From that light description I decided to make my own Sausage pappardelle and it was DELISH!

I knew I would want to blog about it down the track so made the effort to take a photo. 



Here's how I made it. 

Sausage Pappardelle

1 quantity of pappardelle pasta either homemade or bought. 
Sausages of your choice, I used 4-5 pork sausages
Smoked Paprika
1-2 cloves of garlic crushed
200-300ml cream
400ml approx Pasta or tin of puree tomato (you can use whatever you have, I'm sure a tin of diced tomatoes would be good too) 
Salt and pepper to taste
Parsley 

Method:

If you're going to make your own pasta start on that first... 

Take sausage meat out of skin and break up into bite sized chunks. 
Heat a large fry pan with a little butter ghee or oil (up to you!) 
Fry off the sausage pieces, once browned off add garlic, and a few shakes of smoked paprika, 
Add tomato and simmer for a few minutes, if you find that you've got a too much tomato sauce just reduce the sauce by simmering a little longer.  Add cream and simmer for a few minutes.
Mix through cooked pasta and serve with cracked pepper and parsley to taste.

Pasta

400g '00' pasta flour
4 large eggs
good pinch of salt
1 tsp olive oil.

If using a Thermomix knead for 2-3 minutes.  The dough may form small ball shapes, just pop on bench when finished and lightly knead to bring the dough together.   Wrap in cling film and rest for a minimum of 30 minutes.  Use a pasta machine to roll out dough and cut into desired width. Place on a drying rack until ready to cook.
Boil large pot of water with salt (I normally use around 1TBS)  once pot is boiling add pasta in batches, should only take a few minutes to cook as it is fresh, just test it is al dente.




No comments:

Post a Comment