Monday, April 27, 2015

Welcome

Hi and welcome to my page, I hope you find my blog helpful and inspiring.

I have a deep love for baking (mainly breads) and also love crochet among other things. I plan on making this page not only as a journal for myself but also my children and anyone else who may be interested.

Because everything is better with images here is a photo of my little bake up from today.

5 Seed Pumpkin Bread....... Recipe below



I used my Thermomix to make this loaf, If you don't own one I'm sure you could recreate this in a bread machine or by hand however it may not give you the same results.....

200 - 350g Pumpkin
water (see instructions on amount)
600g Bread Flour
2 tsp Dry yeast
1 tsp Sugar
1 Tbs Oil of your choice (coconut, Olive etc)
2 tsp Bread improver
1 Tbs Poppy seeds
1 Tbs Sesame seeds
1 Tbs Pepita seeds
1 Tbs Sunflower seeds
1 tsp Chia seeds

Cook Pumpkin until soft, this can be done in TMX thermomix or stove top.  I then blend until smooth, once cooled slightly weigh the pumpkin in TMX and add water until the combined weight is 380g It is totally up to you the quantity of pumpkin you use but ideally you'll want 380g of pumpkin liquid. I hope that makes sense!  add flour, yeast, sugar, salt, oil and bread improver.  mix speed 7 for 5 seconds then kneed setting for 6 minutes, when there are a few minutes left pour seeds through lid hole while is continues to kneed.

Let rise (can be done in TMX bowl) once is has risen you knock it back and make your desired shape, I like to place a sprinkle of some seeds on the bench top then roll the dough on it to make an outer seed crust.

Let rise until doubled in size, Bake for approx 25 -30 minutes.  To test if the bread is cooked, tap the underside of the loaf and it should sound hollow.

Let cool for at least 15 minutes until you cut it as the bread still cooks while hot out of the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment